Tuesday, November 11, 2008

View PDF Files – Save on RAM

For years I used Adobe Reader to view “pdf” files. It uses a lot of RAM and if, like me, you’re using an older computer (5+ years old) with a limited amount of RAM, sometimes the computer will crash if too many windows are open at one time.

A year or so ago, I discovered this free piece of software which doesn’t use a lot of RAM and the user also has the capability of filling forms in and printing or saving them with no additional charge. This free pdf reader is called “Foxit”. There is a paid version as well. The free version works perfectly well for viewing. Forms fill in works well too. Saving a completed form will apply some markings to the document using the free version.

Foxit Software has its own website: http://www.foxitsoftware.com/pdf/rd_intro.php or you can download it for free from http://www.download.com/Foxit-Reader/3000-2079_4-10313206.html.

I recommend you remove Adobe Reader from your system before installing Foxit. Tomorrow, I will share another free software program I use daily which helps keep my system cleaned up of useless junk and extra registry information without having to be an expert at the removal of either.

0 comments:

Design your own products at CafePress.com!

Share: