Sunday, July 12, 2009

A Heartfelt Thank You for Featuring My Design

I recently joined MixxMade, a new indie community for all of us who handcraft and either sell our wares or like to share how to and what we create with others. One of my first "friends" is pepper2 who has 2 shops of handmade at Etsy (aka Kathy). She complimented me on my cross-stitch designs and we began a discussion and a new friendship writing back and forth about how I might be of help and what I would need to create using my existing Chinese symbols to allow non-cross stitchers to use them for embroidery and other interesting projects.

There was a lot of hit and miss on my part. As wonderful as this electronic way of communication, there are limitations at times that nothing like a face to face and being able to share first hand in real life can compare. Even so, I continued to edit and change and send samples to Kathy for her review and critique. I finally got it, I think, and yesterday Kathy posted a blog with a photo of the embroidery project she is working on using the freedom digital stamp I created just for her. A different style is available in my Etsy shop.

I hope you enjoy this article from Pepper's Lunch Hour Creations and Improvisations and will also peruse and read others and subscribe! You can also see a preview of her Etsy shops offerings and I hope you visit and spend some time enjoying her work.

0 comments:

Design your own products at CafePress.com!

Share: