Friday, November 6, 2009

Fab Friday -- SewZanne's Fabrics


I was visiting Jo-Ann Fabrics yesterday looking at the flannel on sale, thinking of a gift to make for my daughter-in-law for Christmas. I found the cutest, ugliest, most perfect fabric to make her a custom quillow (I shared the tutorial for these in a previous article). Because I'm teaching myself to digitize embroidery patterns and don't own an embroidery machine, I wandered over to the sewing machine area and began browsing. As I looked at the prices, I realized for me and my budget, owning any one of these beauties is currently a mere dream. Ahh, if there were only layaway at Jo-Ann!! It is probably a good thing for most of us that there isn't .

The manager of that area of the store was in and we introduced ourselves and began talking. I still have and use my now vintage Singer Futura I purchased new in the early 1970s (pictures to be shared on a Vintage Thursday article soon). My serger is a Singer. I learned on a Singer. So throughout the past 40 or so years, I have become very partial to Singer machines. The manager, Diane (like me), showed me the CE150 which is very reasonably priced and exactly what I wish I could buy at the moment.




I shared that I design cross stitch, quilt and other types of patterns and have shops on both Etsy and eCrater, as well as that I'm learning to digitize. It lead to sharing our websites, blogs and the like. I explored the samples Diane had on hand and she showed me a very cute Japanese Origami style tissue holder she made. The pattern came from SewZanne's Fabrics website. It can be made with a mere fat quarter and I know I will try it soon.




When I arrived home, after a rest, I found SewZanne's website and besides some really great craft tutorials, I found the most interesting and fun interlock I've seen in years and it is very reasonably priced. The graphics here are but a few of the samples.



I still have my original Stretch & Sew t-shirt pattern and can't wait until I can afford to buy a few of these and make some new shirts. At least I hope I can before they are sold out.


 
 
I couldn't resist sharing SewZanne's site with you. Aren't these fun? Just the right mix of cutesy with smart aleck/sarcasm to make me grin and chuckle. Have a great Friday evening. I sure hope I can equal or top these finds next Friday!!!

More on Monday,

Diane xoxoxo

http://dpeagreendesigns.etsy.com
http://dpeagreendesigns.ecrater.com
Tweet Me: @dpeagreendesign
Email Me: dpeagreendesigns@gmail.com
 

0 comments:

Design your own products at CafePress.com!

Share: